Champion our interactive and digital offerings.
Provide highly engaging, user-friendly, intuitive and measurable client interactive solutions.
At Nexus, we are all about Connecting People with Purpose. We help create the perfect place to work for our clients. We help people grow their careers. We help companies connect with their people in more meaningful, authentic, and impactful ways.
Specifically, our communications work spans across our clients’ ‘employee experience’ – from recruiting, to orientation & on-boarding, values and culture, pay & benefits, leadership, learning/training, engagement & recognition, and beyond.
We are looking for an analytical and creative designer able to grasp user needs and solve problems in creating websites and website components, interactive digital platforms such as landing pages, corporate career sites, and intranet content, develop eLearning products, social media and digital strategy.
You will plan, develop, deploy, and manage engaging user experiences that meet client + end user needs.
You are able to comfortably adapt to various client-required design software products or digital technology stacks that may be encountered in whole or in part during the course of normal operations.
- Understand client needs, user needs, project specifications
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to define user personas, user journey maps
- Participate, prepare and deliver client facing and new business development presentations, and own the presentation of digital solutions in a client-facing capacity
- Collaborate with various team members in-person or remotely to create on-brand, on-strategy user experiences, navigation and searchability along with technical integration and technical alignment with client platforms
- Follow supplied direction to realize the development of wireframes, page production, integration of media assets such as video, podcast, static art, and other webparts to develop websites, landing pages and digital platforms using various tools, software and technology stacks, including various CMS platforms (i.e. WordPress), eLearn authoring tools (Articulate, Adobe Captivate, Adapt), conversion based landing page platforms (Unbounce), and others, as applicable
- Collaborate with client technical teams, development teams, or engineers to ensure that all technical and brand specifications are adhered to, working with internal teams and vendor partners to ensure that all outputs are consistent with the technical specifications of the project
- Propose and implement solutions to usability and/or technical issues and/or challenges encountered by users, internal client technical teams, and external vendor partners
- Perform external competitive scans and presentations findings reports (including usability or other UX/UI design related heuristics)
- Collaborate with targeted digital advertising teams, social/content marketing teams to implement tracking, measurement, and integration of digital advertising/social media strategy including paid, owned, and earned media
- Lead and implement SEO optimization, optimize page titles, descriptions, metadata, keywords. Includes collaboration with copywriters and external vendor partners to prepare, present, refine, and implement SEO presentations/recommendations
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather/prioritize/implement feedback at all stages of development
- Plan, develop, and implement e-learning experiences using platforms such as Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Adobe Captivate, Adapt, or similar and integrating SCORM/AICC compliance as required
- Optimizing all deliverables for usability, AODA and WCAG compliance
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Familiarity with interaction design, information architecture, design patterns and design systems, wireframe development
- Bachelor’s degree / Post-secondary diploma or certification / equivalent work experience
- Strong familiarity with WordPress, Joomla, Square Space and other content management systems (CMS)
- Experience with responsive designed web sites
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Adobe Captivate, Adapt, or similar.
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite)
- Proficient with prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Invision)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical / research skills
- Business acumen
- Well organized with strong project management and research skills
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills, client relationship management skills
- Team player with experience working with multiple stakeholders across an organization in a fast-paced environment
- Agency or marketing team experience
- Strong portfolio of projects demonstrating ability across each stage of development from initial capabilities/discovery, planning, production, implementation/testing, maintenance, and measurement
If you are confident and enthusiastic with a proactive approach to Interactive solutions, and looking for interesting work with purpose, your efforts will contribute to making a difference for a lot of people.
Please submit a short cover letter, your resume and a well-organized single attachment containing samples of your work which shows you read our information above.
Nexus Communications is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace.