Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Analyst in Tax, your responsibilities will include:
• Preparing corporate tax, personal, partnership and trust returns
• Working strategically with colleagues within all of our service lines
• Actively engaging in tax compliance, planning and strategy development by analysing client tax issues, relevant tax laws, provisions, and jurisprudence
• Performing research into tax issues and opportunities
• Completing a variety of tax forms
• Communicating with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) on behalf of our clients
• Meeting and communicating with our clients to deliver tax services
• Preparation and review of tax provisions
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day – read our colleagues stories at
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Analyst, Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
• A recently acquired CA, CMA, CGA or CPA designation
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a professional services firm
• Enrolment in, or desire to enrol in the in-depth tax program
• An understanding and prior experience working in Canadian corporate tax (preferred)
• Client service and solutions focus, with excellent communication skills
• Well-developed analytical and research skills, together with attention to detail
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.