Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse in our Cardiac Services – Outpatient Clinic at Burnaby Hospital.
Fraser Health is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people – over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities – all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
– Performing preadmission screening of surgical patients to ensure patients can proceed for scheduled surgery
– Interviewing patients, reviewing patient histories, identifying potential problems, and ensuring required diagnostic tests are booked and completed
– Assessing patients referred to designated clinical outpatient clinic, and collects information from a range of sources
– Planning, coordinating and evaluating nursing intervention(s) and care
– Collaborating with members of the interprofessional care team
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
– Graduation from an approved Nursing Program recognized by the Canadian Nurses’ Association
– Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
– Two (2) years’ recent, related experience in the education, monitoring and management of participants in cardiac prevention and rehabilitation, including exercise training and experience with ECG Telemetry monitoring
– ECG rhythm interpretation course
– Completion of or eligible to obtain American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certification
– Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
– Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
– Valid BC Driver’s License
This role is a casual position located at Burnaby Hospital in Burnaby, BC. Burnaby is centrally located within the rapidly growing metropolitan area of the Lower Mainland. It is among Vancouver’s most attractive suburbs – a major urban centre offering all the benefits of proximity to the city without the high cost of living. Burnaby highlights many breathtaking lakes, forested mountain parkland, an ocean beach, rivers, parks and botanical gardens, major sports fields, golf courses, bicycle and walking trails, a major commercial town centre and high density residential areas.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
You can join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and exciting role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.