Summary of Position:
The Payroll/HR Administrator will be responsible for processing and reporting payroll and completing other related payroll & HR tasks. In order to be successful in this position the person applying should be effective and efficient in all of the following skills and possess all of the following requirements or knowledge.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Use Payworks to process payroll in multiple provinces
- Process benefits deductions.
- T4 Filings.
- Prepare/file ROE’s
- Wage garnishments.
- WSIB filings/reporting
- Employer Health Tax filings/reporting
- Review tax withholdings.
- Complete payroll reports as needed.
- Resolve payroll tax issues as they come up.
- PTO/Vacation and benefit tracking
- Reporting union dues
- Assist corporate HR department with HR Benefits and other functions
Required Knowledge /Skills / Abilities / Qualifications:
- 2-3 years’ experience processing Canadian payroll in one or more provinces, preferably in Manitoba and or Ontario
- 2-3 years’ experience performing HR functions
- Experience and advanced knowledge of Payworks preferred
- Experience with Unions a plus
- Must be a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail and able to multi-task
- Strong organization skills
- Must be proactive and have a sense of urgency
- Ability to solve problems quickly and accurately
- Must be able to perform all of the aforementioned job functions.
Required Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- High school graduate required
Environmental / Physical / Mental Demands
- Strength Guidelines
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Motion Parameters
- Ability and willingness to sit at a desk for the length of your scheduled shift.
- Ability and willingness to type on a computer.
- Vision and Hearing Requirements
- Ability and willingness to view and read a computer screen for the length of your scheduled shift.
- Ability and willingness to speak with clients and internal employees via telephone or e-mail.
- Emotional Demands
- Ability and willingness to make quick decisions.
- Ability and willingness to deal with high stress fast pace situations.
- Ability and willingness to interpret data accurately.
- Work Environment
Rate of pay commensurate with experience
AnswerNet has 30+ contact centers within the continental United States and Canada, providing a vast range of services to optimize telephone answering services, appointment setting and confirmation, customer support, sales, lead qualifications, market research to name only a small selection of contact management solutions provided to thousands of clients who process tens of millions of contacts every year.
AnswerNet has been recognized as an award winning service by Inc. magazine’s Annual “Inc. 500 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies”, Customer Interaction Solutions magazine’s “Top 50 Teleservices Agencies.”
AnswerNet was also named a “Best Run Company” by SmartCEO magazine