Dessert Holdings is a leading baked goods platform providing premium layer cakes, cheesecakes, brownies, bars, and other desserts to the retail in-store bakery (“ISB”) and foodservice channels on a largely private label basis. We are a rapidly growing company comprised of The Original Cakerie (acq. December 2015), Lawler’s Foods (acq. July 2016), and Atlanta Cheesecake Company (acq. January 2018). We are poised for continued growth by bringing high quality products to both retail grocery and food service across North America. Led by a senior team with strong company pedigrees and experience driving improvement – we have exciting opportunities to be a part of this high performance, growth focused organization.
We are looking to hire a full time Maintenance Millwright, who has or is working toward their 4th Class Power Engineer's ticket for our Delta , British Columbia facility.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide Mechanical expertise and support TOC in mechanical installation and maintenance of plant equipment and production assets .
- Troubleshoot Mechanical failure, identifying the root cause
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and work order tasks as requested by Maintenance Supervisor/Manager,
- Be observant and take initiative when a fault is detected
- Liaise with other departments within facility, ensuring effective communication
- Work effectively in a processing environment without jeopardizing food safety
- Complete maintenance reports and logs as required to support effective maintenance planning
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area and in the maintenance shop
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace through adherence to all relevant policies and procedures
- Work within a team to provide support for the production line to troubleshoot and repair breakdowns
- Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration activities, and keep updated records
- Follow acts, regulations, and codes related to facilities, equipment, environment protection, and Health and Safety at all times
- Coordinate with Maintenance Contractors.
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Industrial Millwright licence is a must
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical plant is a definite advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work quickly, under pressure, and have a sense of urgency
- Have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal direction
- Have strong organizational skills, detailed-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize
- Be able to work flexible shifts, including overnight shift
What We Offer:
Pay Rate : $39.53/hr
$2/hr premium for second Ticket
This position offers extended health benefits, as well as company contribution pension plan
We thank you in advance for your interest in The Original Cakerie. Due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note: On the spot interviews are not currently happening. Please apply online on our website and you will be contacted within 3 business days if shortlisted.