The skilled MIllwright will be responsible for all things mechanical within the plant. This individual must be able to conduct all troubleshooting automated production lines and process equipment. They are responsible for performing safe efficient repairs to mechanical manufacturing and process equipment, which includes performing routine, preventative, and emergency maintenance for the entire manufacturing facility.
- Mechanical troubleshooting with / without manuals and correcting production issues.
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions.
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts.
- Align and calibrate machinery and equipment parts as required for efficient and safe operation.
- Maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures.
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications and installation.
- Ensure lines are set at normal operating conditions for proper start-up and shut down processes to be executed.
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machineries
- Operating machine tools to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machineries.
- Ability to navigate and comprehend touch screens.
- Maintain equipment and utilize the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Must be able to complete assigned PM's, work orders and other duties as assigned within a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Maintenance and cleaning of all pipes and pumps.
- Work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties.
- Ensure department has proper maintenance equipment and supplies to perform tasks properly.
- Knowledge of basic electrical manufacturing components and abilities to troubleshoot any equipment faults.
- Must be willing to get Hazmat certified. Company will provide training
- Must possess skills in routine welding and fabricating repairs.
- Grind and file machinery parts both on-site and in controlled circumstances.
- Must be proficient in requisitioning / maintaining parts inventories to ensure an uninterrupted flow of parts through the department.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Keep supervisor informed of any changes in operating procedures, any unusual circumstances and any actions planned to resolve problems
- 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Millwright for fast paced manufacturing and process facility.
- Prefer completion of trade school or apprenticeship program with 433a license
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, detailed repair drawings, and recommended spares related to construction equipment and machinery.
- Ability to read and write, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to determine best course of action in troubleshooting and repairing equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience in Blow Molding equipment is an asset.
- Experience using PLC’s is an asset.
- Experience of MIG, TIG, and/or Stick welding.
- Flexibility during busy season – weekend / temporary shift rotation.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
- Must be able to safely wear a respirator.
KIK Custom Products is the leader in manufacturing and the packaging of products that clean and protect the places, things and people you love. With major positions in the multi-billion dollar household, pool, automotive and personal care categories; our leading brands include Prestone®, Comet®, Spic and Span®, Greased Lightning®, The Works®, Clorox® Pool&SpaTM (under license), BioGuard®, Natural Chemistry®, Pool Time® and Pool Essentials® sold at the world's largest retailers.
KIK is also a strategic partner to the world’s largest retailers and brands, helping bring their private label products to life. We offer full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation, R&D, sourcing, procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control.
KIK creates products and brands that people trust to care for themselves, their families, their homes and their vehicles.
Visit www.KIKCorp.com to learn more.
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to seeking diversity in its workforce by attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, ethnic or national origin, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other status protected by law.