negotiable / month
Midtown sole practitioner seeking an experienced Full-Time Legal Assistant / Law Clerk. Office conveniently located at Yonge and St. Clair, steps from the Yonge subway line. You will provide overall support to lawyer's business needs. This position provides the opportunity to grow together with the practice.
- The role includes litigation support, office management, and administrative duties.
- Assist with drafting, preparing and reviewing court documents.
- Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes.
- Organize files and keep them updated.
- Monitor timelines, court dates, and deadlines.
- Record and store client information.
- Docket entry.
- Bank deposits.
- Maintain office supplies.
- Min 5 years previous work experience in commercial, bankruptcy and/or estates litigation
- Dicta experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Works independently and ability to take initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with legal research
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with ACL and legal accounting and management software (Cosmolex, Cleo etc.)
- Salary dependent upon experience
We provide our clients with security and assurance that their case is being presented with professionalism, experience and with a pragmatic approach to resolving disputes. Though we litigate within many different areas of law, our main focus is in commercial, tax, estates and bankruptcy and insolvency law.