Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing sales and marketing activities to increase market share in key accounts. Directs strategic planning, communicates customer goals and objectives to UNFI management and ensures that operational plans are effectively implemented. Tracks revenue goals and contribution margins, oversees budget, and completes reporting requirements as scheduled. Meets or exceeds goal expectations and ensures that professional relations exist with brokers, vendors and customers. Keeps Senior Management well informed of account activity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
• Focus on strong category management and respond in a timely manner to all opportunities to present new and existing product lines to customers.
• Prepare and execute business plans for accounts that include short, mid and long-term goals for brand building including presentation of key account business reviews.
• Management of Approved Product List, including additions & deletions, promotions and price file maintenance.
• Follow-through on key account plans & objectives to achieve budgeted sales and margin objectives. Oversee budget analysis and reporting. Measure progress toward established goals and communicate results to appropriate personnel.
• Effective communication of all programs with field sales team along with timely communication of business needs and opportunities to sales management.
• Interact closely with marketing, sales, finance and all other internal customers.
• Provides industry, economic, and competitive information to assist in developing sales and marketing programs, merchandising decisions, distribution strategies, and training processes. Prospect for new business opportunities to expand market share.
• Ensures that sales and marketing plans, goals, and policies are consistent with established Company-wide goals.
• Submits accurate, timely, and complete reports to management as scheduled. Ensures that reports and records are accessible and meaningful for decision making processes.
• Maintains excellent customer relations. Meets or exceeds client expectations and established deadlines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Company’s sales and marketing strategies and objectives are effectively implemented with key accounts.
• Long-term business relationships are fostered and opportunities for supporting expansion of key accounts are well managed.
• Reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
• Good working relationships exist with key accounts. Client concerns and objectives are addressed and solutions are provided.
• Positive business relations exist with management and internal staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, marketing or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training
• 3-5 years of key account experience selling to Retail chains in consumer – packaged goods with preferred experience in Natural & Organic sales
• Previous experience in a key account management preferred
• Proficient in MS Office required
• Strong knowledge of client relations, account management, and distribution channels
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound presentation skills and strong negotiation skills a must
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, must be well organized, motivated and able to recognize and support UNFI philosophy
At UNFI Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth. We embrace change to discover what's next… and that is recruiting for new talent such as yourself!
We bring healthier food options to people every day, and our team is driving these efforts to promote a healthier lifestyle best suited for you!
New Routes can take us anywhere, and that is discovering YOU to come on board to join us at UNFI Canada!
As an associate of UNFI, you will have the opportunity to bring healthier food options to more plates across the country.