POSITION: JUNIOR FIELD TECHNICIAN
COMPANY: GENNIX CONSULTING INC.
LOCATION: Lower Mainland, Vancouver
COMPENSATION: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Limited Company benefits available.
START DATE: Negotiable
We are seeking a Junior Field Technician to join our dynamic and expanding business team. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing remote technical support and completing on-site installations for our customers. Applicants must own their own vehicle and be willing to drive to customer sites throughout the Lower Mainland/Vancouver.
– A friendly and professional manner, ability to communicate effectively with a broad customer base
– Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
– Ability to work independently
– Troubleshooting skills essential for hardware, software and networking issues.
– Ability to follow technical and company support standards and policies
– Ability to utilize a ticket system efficiently for unresolved support issues
– Attention to detail, keeping accurate records and documentation, as per company policy
– Ability to complete tasks efficiently and prioritize support cases
– Must be current resident of Canada and authorized to work in Canada
– Valid BC driver’s license
– 1+ years’ experience in an IT support position
– Experience with Microsoft applications, and operating systems: Windows 7/8/10 and Windows Server 2008/12/16
– Experience with hardware configuration, installation and setup of desktops, laptops and printers.
– Experience supporting computer TCP/IP networks
– Technical certification/degree from an accredited institution is an asset