Full-Stack iOS Engineer (Gatineau)
Maple Media is seeking a talented iOS engineer with full-stack experience, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with Objective C, C++ and Swift.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to have lead iOS development on many of our top ranked apps and games on the App Store that reach more than 2M+ DAU and 40M MAU. Check out many of our apps at maplemedia.io.
At Maple Media, you’ll work closely with our product, design, QA teams and other engineers to meaningfully advance our existing products, including new apps that we acquire. You should be someone who excited by the challenge of jumping into new codebases often, has a startup mindset, is always looking for new things to learn and takes pride in the products you build.
This role is based in our growing game and app development studio in Gatineau, Quebec.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality, readable, and reliable code for both current and future Maple Media iOS apps
- Experience integrating ad tech and ad network SDKs (including: AdMob, MoPub, Facebook, Amazon etc.)
- Experience in offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Evaluate and lead code reviews for new apps and games we are considering acquiring
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Develop automation frameworks and conduct necessary tests before each release, continuously be looking for big and small ways to improve and optimize
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity across the team and in building our internal tools & platform
- Work with our support and services teams to fix bugs, update documentation, develop custom SDK features, and troubleshoot challenging engineering problems
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be based in Gatineau, Quebec and legally authorized to work in Canada
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent years of relevant work experience)
- 5+ years’ experience leading iOS development on a production app or game with a 10K+ DAU and meaningful annual revenues
- Strong programming experience in Objective-C and Swift, with preference for candidates who also have experience in C#, C++ and Cocos2d
- Familiarity with 3rd party iOS SDKs (Ad tech, analytics) and open source libraries for common tasks, including cloud messaging / push notifications
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDKs, working across different versions of iOS, developing across iPhone and iPad screen sizes and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Working at Maple Media – Perks & Benefits:
· Paid-time-off, paid sick days & paid holidays
· Health, dental, and vision benefits
· Office snacks
· Flexible dress code
· Regular Happy Hours
Maple Media is a mobile media and technology company that owns and operates a portfolio of top ranked and top grossing mobile apps and games on the App Store and Google Play. Tens of millions of players and users engage with our products every month.
Some of our largest apps include:
– We Heart It
– Pic Stitch
– Week Calendar
– Player FM – Podcast Player
– ScanPro App
– Tony Hawk's Skate Jam
– Wind Compass
– Mazes & More
Maple Media is based in Los Angeles (HQ) and Quebec, and is led by mobile app & games industry veterans from Jam City and Google. Maple Media backed by a $30M investment from Shamrock Capital, a Los Angeles based private equity firm.