Are you an experienced Project Manager? Do you have experience working in healthcare with healthcare information and management systems? Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time IMIT Project Manager to join the IMIT team in Kelowna, B.C.!
The successful candidate would be responsible for multiple system projects and or initiatives that align with supporting IH information systems used by our Emergency Department and acute based physicians.
The Project Manager leads the development and implementation of large corporate-wide and provincial clinical and business electronic systems. The Project Manager is responsible to maintain a continuous cycle of project planning, execution, and monitoring within Interior Health project management standards. The Project Manager oversees assigned project resources, develops project plans, and ensures the delivery and acceptance of project end products for sign-off by the business areas.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops essential project documents (charters, schedules, end product specifications, etc.) with or on behalf of the project sponsor.
2. Develops a comprehensive project plan with input from user groups and service providers (including risk management, business continuity, and interdependencies).
3. Directs all activities related to the project. Guides and mentors team members.
4. Prepares and manages project operational and capital budgets.
5. Develops and fosters relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., IH leadership groups, other Health Authorities, provincial stakeholders, and suppliers) to address issues related to the project.
6. Responsible for project staffing functions including daily assignments, recruitment, hiring, ongoing development, performance management, and performance evaluation including disciplinary action and termination as required.
7. Develops, implements, and monitors standards for service and performance; evaluates and effects changes as needed to improve services, simplify work flow, and assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
8. Works with software vendors and other external service providers to negotiate contract terms and pricing and resolve complex and/or tentative service issues.
9. Manages the process of change in all project affected areas across IH.
10. Maintains and continually improves project management best practice and standards for IH.
11. Acts in a consultative capacity to provide expert advice to other project managers.
12. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces….Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Systems, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of experience and post- secondary education.
• Minimum of five to seven years of experience in the project management of complex, multi-site, multi-disciplined information systems, including responsibility for staff development and supervision.
• Professional Project Manager (PMP) designation or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities:
• Talent for leading people with integrity and trust.
• Experience building a team environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels inside and outside the organization and possesses political awareness in a health care environment.
• Demonstrated ability to foster potential of others by managing, coaching, and developing staff.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, direct, and control multiple projects and project teams in a large, complex implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Experience in facilitating multi-disciplined workshops to develop solutions to problems and/or consensus on new processes.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic, fast paced, continually changing environment.
• Experience within a large and diverse health care organization is an asset.
• Ability to travel.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.