Hospital Security Guard
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our companyspecializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs.
At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites. Currently we are seeking Full Time Hospital Security Guards (HSG). The following information outlines the HSG’s responsibilities as outlined in the post orders and may be amended by the client.
3 openings available:
- 0600-1330 Monday to Friday
- 1330-2100 Monday to Friday
- Saturday's and Sunday's 0600-1800
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforcing mandatory mask policy
- Customer service & deescalation
- Access Control for the facility/area
- Observing and monitoring assigned patients as per site requirements
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ability to operate Security Control Centre equipment/systems, computers, radios, phones, including Blackberry
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site
- Supervisor or Client Services Manager
- Follow Post Orders for each site posted
- Demonstrate judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous Record Keeping, Report Writing, Observation skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Valid Provincial Security Guard licence
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR
- Must have the full time availability to work all days of the week and schedules that consist of day shifts and afternoon, weekends, 12hrs shifts
- Excellent Communication & Deescalation skills
- Diploma in Police Foundations or a similar program considered an asset
- Able and willing to complete a required Healthcare Immunization Screening prior to employment
- Able to take G4S Training Courses: Effective Communications, Crisis
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.