Position: Front End Developer
Location: 300-1455 Bellevue Ave, West Vancouver, BC
Report To: Director IT
Start Date: ASAP
If you're a professional technologist with a great understanding of software development, architecture and patterns, and a passion for data then you’ll be a great fit. Join our small team and add your outstanding field knowledge to complement our existing skill sets and domain knowledge.
Who we are
We're a small, entrepreneurial team making a difference in a variety of industries ranging from consumer care products to automotive products, electronics, and secure, compliance software tools. We count some of the biggest Canadian companies among our customers as well as Global Fortune 500 companies. We have a rich history of business success dating back to 1968 when Charles (Chuck) Walker founded the Walker Group – an organisation with a start-up approach way before start-ups were a thing. Chuck continues to encourage creativity, communication and teamwork in everything we do, especially as we enter a growth phase. We're always looking for new opportunities, we move quickly and with agility to get new ideas to market. The team do all this from our beautiful, beach-front office located in West Vancouver, with rooftop terrace, gym facilities and an organic rooftop garden.
We offer training, a partial work from home policy, good work life balance and we’re small enough so you can make a huge impact.
What we need
We are embarking on a new product launch and we are looking to augment our team with the skills and people to help us deliver the best experience for our new customers. We want someone to help us with the technical challenges of a product launch, while helping us leverage emerging technologies to streamline our operations as well as offer our clients unique features that no one else can offer.
· You will work with our Product Manager and IT Director to design and support architectures for data processing and storage to meet our future business objectives.
· You will identify unnecessary redundancy, duplication, deprecated functionality and opportunities for clean-up within our repositories, and plan and execute those improvements.
· You will focus on standardization and simplification, cost reduction, appropriate investment, system resilience, high cohesion and lose coupling.
· You will research, recommend, and implement new technologies.
Who you are
· You're curious about technology systems and you're a problem solver and an analyst.
· You have an expert level understanding of software development paradigms, especially related to data management.
· You're not daunted by complexity and enjoy decomposition of problems.
· You can wear multiple hats for architecting, supporting and improving the application ecosystem.
· You have strong ideas on best practices but respect other perspectives and can change your own when presented with equally strong ideas.
· You can present your ideas in a coherent, clear manner and can tailor your communications to the audience.
· You have an entrepreneurial streak.
Required skills, knowledge and qualifications
· Good English written and verbal communication skills.
· Undergraduate or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline. Master’s degree or above preferred. Equivalent experience considered.
· In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns
· Demonstrable expertise in software engineering best practices and full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Exposure to .NET Framework, ASP.NET Web APIs and C#
· Team ownership of code, artifacts and environments
· Exposure to micro-service architecture
· Strong experience with Git source control.
· Experience deploying to Azure, AWS or similar cloud provider