Tsain-ko (Tsain-ko) Forestry Limited Partnership is located in beautiful Sechelt, BC and is the wholly owned subsidiary of the Sechelt Nation. Tsain-ko holds its own Forest Licences and also partners with other forest companies and government on additional joint ventures. The annual volume under management is increasing and we are looking to grow our team.
Reporting to the General Manager – Forestry, and the Forestry Supervisor will be responsible for planning, engineering and contract supervision activities for a 100,000m3 to 170,000m3 annual cut, as well as managing and overseeing the daily operations of the Forestry department. This diverse role requires task-oriented leadership and adherence to tight deadlines with high attention to detail. The Forestry Supervisor is also responsible for relationship building, and working with various Partners, and committees.
GENERAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Safety leadership and management of their team.
- Development of junior staff and summer students.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with various Partners, First Nations, interest groups, and government agencies.
- Prepare and complete project plans, field layout, surveying, mapping and design.
- Forestry and engineering cost management coordination of forest resource professionals.
- Road building and harvesting supervision.
- Cut block and project forecasting.
- Post-harvest project financial review.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Effective attention to detail and highly analytical.
- Problem-solving is a part of your skillset.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability; is honest and trustworthy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Strong ability to prioritize and develop timelines to fit organizational demands.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and face-to-face.
- You are committed to safety, being personal and environmental.
- You are an active team member.
- You can demonstrate knowledge and competencies in road building and cut black layouts.
- Practical knowledge of timber harvesting.
- Practical knowledge of timber quality and value.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to lead; work independently and within a team environment.
- Detail oriented. Action and results oriented, take charge attitude.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or diploma in Forestry.
- A RPF or RFT is required.
- Aptitude in Microsoft Office and Road Eng.
- Coastal engineering background is preferred.
- Good physical condition.
Sechelt, on the Sunshine Coast, is a short 40 minute ferry ride from the Lower Mainland, and offers a wide range of excellent recreational opportunities.