Minimum starting salary: $17.00 per hour
Job-status: Temporary to part-time
Job type: Retail (Cannabis)
Our retail cashier/sale associates may be required to work straight splits days, nights, weekends, and some statutory holidays.
We are currently looking for a Retail Cashier/Sales Associate to work at V&D Cannabis Retail store locations. This is a new company, with the potential for real growth.
We are looking for an experienced Retail Cashier/Sales Associate that can demonstrate:
- Determining customer needs and identifying suitable products.
- Cashiers/Sales Associates must verify the products before giving in to the customer.
- Cashiers/Sale Associates must be logged into the POS system at all times during all paid hours.
- Cashiers/Sales Associates must have knowledge of modern computer sales systems.
- Ensure customers are being provided with accurate knowledge about cannabis products.
- Ability to work in an energetic environment.
- Strong attention to product detail.
- Adherence to all company policies and compliance regulations.
- Other tasks as assigned by retail management.
To help us learn more about you, please submit your resume describing how you meet the following requirements.
- Completed grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education as established by the Ontario Ministry of Education. A Canadian equivalency document is required for education obtained outside of Canada.
- Must pass a police background check as per the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario Regulations.
- Eligible to work legally in Canada.
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills within an emphasis on a clear understanding.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively to overcome and desolate difficult and intense situations.
- Able to handle the physical demands of the job and able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Able to work independently and also as part of the team.
- Able to wear required clothing and uniforms listed under V&D policies.
- Mathematics and English exams may be administered as part of selection criteria.
- Must complete a five-hour board approved cannabis training program.
- Must have experience using cash register machine.
Failure to maintain the minimum requirements for the role or to produce documentation when requested will result in the application being disqualified from the current recruit.