negotiable / month
The Automation Technician provides technical support for automated material handling equipment in warehouses and distribution centers, using complex troubleshooting and problem solving with an array of technical tools.
- This position requires working on the production floor.
- Maintenance and repair of diverse production equipment.
- Demonstrate experience in a maintenance field with a good working experience in electromechanical repairs.
- Assisting with the preventative maintenance program to ensure production downtime is minimized.
- Troubleshoot automated material handling equipment using ladder and list based PLC programs.
- Troubleshoot and repair interface between Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and Material Flow System (MFS).
- Program, troubleshoot and repair or replace sensors, scanners, visualization systems, motors, frequency inverters and encoders.
- Assist in identifying root cause of faults and production errors.
- Work with Onsite staff and software developers to ensure maximum system uptime.
- Analyzes system daily operation reports to track and identify opportunities for continued improvement.
- Work directly with customer resident maintenance team to increase system knowledge, resolve issues and prevent issues from recurring.
- Updates help-desk ticketing system to track, monitor and resolve issues.
- Creates documentation and training materials for system users and system service & maintenance.
- Participates in customer and internal meetings.
- Work as part of an international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.
- Occasionally performs extended hours, weekend and holiday work in support of customer service and change requests.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work
- 1+ year of experience with PLC, .net, CNC programming or Siemens S7 PLC
- Knowledge of controlled drive engineering, CNC, or multi-axis positioning
- Familiarity with automation technology, e.g. conveyors, automated cranes, packaging technology
- Knowledge of bus systems, e.g. Ethernet, ASI, Profibus Willingness and ability to work off shifts and weekends based on our customers’ business needs.
- Experience with AUTOCAD or E-Plan is a plus.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French an asset
40 hours per week