Job Title :
Start Date :
Base on Experience
Leading food company is hiring for a plant manager for the Edmonton location. This position is directly accountable for ensuring that products meet or exceed the standards set for quality, cost, productivity and customer service.
Working Location: Edmonton, Alberta
– Provides functional direction & leadership to all operating departments in the plant through the setting and management of appropriate performance objectives. Objectives are focused on safety, quality, service and cost improvement.
– Provides operational support and leadership in the commercialization of new products and onboarding of new business
Product & packaging quality, product & packaging efficiencies, shop floor logistics (production sequence, utilization of equipment, staffing levels, product costs, product run times, line efficiencies & operational capacity)
– Works collaboratively with various support teams and functions with the overall aim of meeting customer expectations and business objectives.
– Works to develop and enhance positive employee relations with the aim of increasing overall employee engagement.
– Ensures effective operation of the plant on a 3 shift, 24 hour per day basis.
– Facilitate regular meetings and updates to ensure the accurate and timely flow of information as required by R&D, QC, and Engineering Departments.
– Assist and support the R&D, QC, Maintenance/Engineering and Production Department Managers to troubleshoot and resolve problems in their area as required
– A minimum of 5 – 7 years management experience
– Previous experience in a similar industry or organization is essential
– Some post secondary education or professional development courses
– A proven track record of effective development, communication and implementation of complex strategies in for products, processes, people and policy.
– A demonstrated ability to effectively solve both technical & logistic problems
– Strong, flexible, hands on and results oriented management experience.
– Strong written, verbal and computer skills
How to Apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Plant Manager_Edmonton’