Job ID #:
5 – 7 Years
High School Diploma
6054 -KMCT EDMONTON RAIL TERMINAL :KMTC
Kinder Morgan one of the largest pipeline and terminaling companies in North America is currently in the biggest capital program phase in the company’s history. The Canadian division of the Terminal’s business unit, Kinder Morgan Canada Terminals (KMCT) is part of this significant growth phase, focusing on liquids terminal and rail infrastructure projects in Canada and the northern tier U.S. We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced individuals who are seeking a challenging and rewarding career with North America’s foremost energy infrastructure company where opportunities for personal and professional development are both varied and plentiful.
The duties of Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Millwright) will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the maintenance and technical support of mechanical equipment and meter proving at the Edmonton Rail Terminal (ERT).
• Vibration analysis and laser alignment for motor and pump combinations.
• Repair and rebuild all types of valves and meters.
• Assist Operations, Electrical and Instrumentation.
• Use the IVARA system to manage all of the maintenance for Edmonton Rail Terminal.
• Assist in meter proving, as required.
• Day to day repairs and preventative maintenance.
• High school graduation.
• Journeyman Millwright with inter-provincial certification.
• Minimum five years industrial experience.
• Familiarity with repair and maintenance of single and multi-stage pumps.
• Experience with sourcing and purchasing of parts and supplies as well as supervision of 3rd party contractors.
• Cross training in operations.
• Ability to trouble shoot, maintain and repair impellor and mechanical seals.
• Ability to use computer based maintenance management programs.
• Excellent communications skills and willingness to assist other trades.
•Must be able to work with a team, implement direction from a supervisor, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention to details, and follow work rules.
• Experience in meter proving.
• Dual Pipefitter certification preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kinder Morgan Canada actively encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Back to top