Janitor (FT Temp)
Maple Ridge Seniors Village (MRSV)
Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
Full Time Temporary
Reporting to the Support Services Manager and/or designate, the Janitor is responsible for the night janitorial and security duties.
Include but not limited to;
1. Responsible for the general security of the buildings and residents including responding to the Assisted Living resident emergency call system.
2. Carries out all aspects of routine and rotation cleaning of common areas including but not limited to; dining rooms, bistro, library, activity rooms, TV rooms, elevators, kitchens & serveries offices, bathrooms and other areas using techniques such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning & sanitizing surfaces, and equipment such as vacuums, floor washers, buffers, strippers, carpet cleaners etc.
3. Terminal cleaning of resident rooms as assigned.
4. Remove all garbage & recycling from assigned areas and place in appropriate container for off-site disposal.
5. Clean public washrooms as required. Wash fixtures, sinks, toilets, counters and floors as required to keep sanitary and look neat and clean.
6. Completing required documentation including Emergency call log book, audits, communication book entries and other related documents.
7. From time to time, the employee may be asked to perform other related duties.
1. Grade 10 education.
2. Must have First Aid certificate (current).
3. Completion of a recognized course in housekeeping services or equivalent experience.
4. Two years related experience in similar environment .
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Good command of written and oral English.
2. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
3. Ability to operate related equipment in an efficient manner.
4. Ability to take direction and learn procedures.
5. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to residents.
6. Physical ability to perform the duties required.