Cook 3 (Platter)
The Wellesley of Victoria (WELL)
Facility Support Services [Dietary Aides / Servers][Cooks / Chefs][Support Service Workers][Maintenance]
Reporting to the Executive Chef and/or designate the Cook 3 is responsible for the daily preparation and the presentation of meals from a designated menu.
Practices and maintains established standards for proper cleanliness and sanitation required by the health Department and the Wellesley. Ensure proper preparation, delivery and storage of food to ensure safety of residents, guests and public.
Promotes and maintains positive communications and relationships among staff, residents and public.
Include but not limited to;
1. Turn on the heat lamps, steamer, and toaster.
2. Turn on and fill steam tables
3. Bring over the cold cart, hot cart and supplies
4. Records temperatures twice a day
5. Serve lunch and dinner as per Chef’s instructions
6. Wash dishes
7. Ensure everything is turned off before leaving
8. From time to time and unusual circumstances the employee may be asked to perform other related duties.
1. Grade 10; or equivalent
2. One year experience in hotels, restaurant, or institutions;
3. “Food Safe” Certificate
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to take direction and learn procedures
2. Knowledge of kitchen equipment and machines
3. Ability to communicate well in written and oral English
4. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy and patience when working with staff and residents.