The Youth Staff (Kids) is responsible for providing safe, fun filled and age appropriate activities for all children onboard. The Camp Staff reports directly to the Youth Director and Assistant Youth Director onboard. His/her responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Ensuring the safety and supervision of all children participating in activities.
– Follow and implement the Policies and Procedures set forth in the Hotel Operations Manual and maintain an up to date knowledge of the manual.
– Be aware of all activities outlined in the Camp Carnival Activity Schedules, Specialty Programs & Family Activities and inform the guests accordingly if asked and ensure they are carried out as per expectations.
– Abiding by rules and regulations set forth by company and/or ship’s command and attend all training programs as specified by the company (including all safety drills & training exercises, Environmental Training and Corporate Training Programs).
– To follow all USPH, Environmental & SMS procedures and ensure all the requirements for HESS are being followed.
Keeping up the children’s hygiene level by consistently tending to their needs. (Example: Diapering, washing hands, wiping nose, etc.)
– Ensure the playroom is cleaned & organized as per standards established at the end of each shift.
– Greet, interact and relay information to all parents/guardians in a professional, patient, upbeat manner.
– Ensuring friendly, jovial and positive attitude with children and parents at all times.
– All new Camp Staff must successfully complete the 3 month Training program conducted by the Assistant Youth Director / Youth Director.
Must have and present one of the following or a Diploma/Degree very similar to one listed below plus at least 2 year of experience:
– Child Care Certification (translated into English)
– Teaching Degree
– Psychology Degree (must have experience working with children)
– Recreation Diploma (must have experience working with children)
– Creative Background (Artistic)
– Special Needs Worker
– Child & Youth Worker Diploma
– Early Childhood Education Diploma
– Educational Assistant Diploma
OR at least 2 Years experience working in the following field:
– At Camps as Camp Counselor’s (Summer Camps/Sport Camps/Special Needs Camps)
– YMCA or other after school programs
– Leading large groups of children (Sport Coaches/Camp Counselor)
– Any Professional child care setting
– Reference letters from the Employers are essential
– Must be able to speak proficient English (Meaning you can speak, read and write fluently)
– Marlins Test for all non-English speaking countries (pass of 80%)
– Be able to obtain a valid passport and United States C1/D Visas (USA residents and Canadians don’t need a C1/D Visa)
– Submit criminal background check and fingerprints
– Must be 21 years of age
– Submit CPR and First Aid Certificate
– Must have hospitality skills & be focused on guest services
– Must be willing to work with children from ages 2 to 11 years old and children with special needs as well as children under the age of 2 years
– Must be able and willing to change children’s diapers
– Must be outgoing and able to lead large groups of children