Youth Staff Position Summary:
Organizes and leads youth activities, ages 2 – 17 years, in designated activity centers, assigned areas and throughout the vessel by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Seasonal Youth Staff positions are available throughout the holidays throughout the year such as Christmas, Spring break, summer and American Thanksgiving.
Interviews are held via Skype!
– Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation or related field from an accredited university or college or the international equivalent.
– Two to five years experience working with large groups of youths ages 3-17.
– Experience working in school sponsored youth groups, YMCA, camps or similar positions preferred.
– Infant and child CPR certification and life saving certification from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organization.
– Ability to mediate, diffuse and/or resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
– Ability to design creative activities while containing costs.
– Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, word, and Powerpoint.
Candidates must have recreational experience with youth and Bachelors Degree is preferable but not mandatory for some of our clients as long as you have strong experience.