Moderate previous experience performing similar work is required for this job.
Communicate with network personnel or website hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting websites. Design, build or maintain websites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media. Write, design or edit web page content, or direct others producing content. Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
• Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
• Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
• Directing or performing Website updates.
• Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
• Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
• Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
• Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
• Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
• Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
• Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements
• Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in web design
• 2-4 years’ experience in web design
• Detail-oriented- Web developers need to be sure they aren’t missing key details
• Multitasking- Web developers need to be able to juggle multiple projects without missing deadlines
• Self-motivated- Web developers need to be able to stay on task without anyone standing over them
• Problem-solving- Web developers need to figure out how to translate a client’s vision to an actual, functional website
• Good under pressure- Developers need to be able to handle the pressure of having work done when needed
Key Performance Indicators
• Is an effective communicator, written and verbally
• Has the ability to communicate up, down and across the business lines
• Excels in developing lines of communication with external clients and stakeholders.
• Regularly contributes ideas and insights to team
• Effective listener
• Able to keep all data organized and accurate
• Ability to manage competing deadlines
• Able to keep supplies stocked and within budget
• Regularly meets all required deadlines
• Improves the organization’s administration
• Conversion rate
• Average order value
• Days and visit to purchase
• Task completion rate
**This posting is part of an active and ongoing recruitment campaign. Only successful candidate matches will be contacted after completing assessment.