The role of Warehouse Worker II is responsible for providing superior sales support and customer service by working with the distribution team through the receiving, warehousing, and order fulfillment functions, as well as organizational lean objectives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the preparation and shipping of outbound parcels and receipt of inbound product
• Maintain functional expertise by reviewing and retaining task related ERP system transactions
• Contribute to team goals by accomplishing tasks while meeting key performance targets
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping pallet areas, racks, shelves, aisles, and workstations neat and orderly
• Prepare Hazmat paperwork for related shipments (UPS / FEDEX)
• Prepare Bills of Lading
• Maintain inventory control by utilizing appropriate equipment and performing cycle counts
• Maintain quality service by following organizational standards
• Additional duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED required
• PC literate; proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good math skills
• Power equipment skills (forklift, pallet jack)
• Effective oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain self- responsibility
• Ability to stay committed, maintain integrity, and practice innovation
• Ability to maintain a high sense of urgency
• Flexibility in schedule required
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
• Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
• Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading.
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COSHR)
• Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and COSHR policy
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery.