Join a winning team! Castle Metal’s Mississauga, Ontario, location is seeking a full-time Saw Operator.
The hours are Monday – Friday 12:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The starting wage is based on experience, and ranges from $18.00 – $20.00 per hour.
The Warehouse Operator is a valued team member that is responsible for operating a variety of cutting machines to close tolerances in a metal production environment. They will operate assigned power equipment (saws/shear) to process metal orders which meet customer requirements.
We are seeking candidates with a solid work history, experience in an industrial environment and a dedication to working not only efficiently but safely.
We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, retirement match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
Castle Metals has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry.
Essential Primary Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates cutting machine(s) in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Utilizes power equipment to process materials according to customer order requirements.
- Safely adjusts machine settings to complete tasks according to specifications.
- Notices and reports defects and/or excessive wear and tear of equipment; Performs set-up and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned.
- Assists with Warehouse Operator responsibilities as needed: o Loads and unloads trucks in an efficient manner.
- Performs a variety of material movement tasks for order filling, receiving, and loading.
- Safely uses assigned power equipment to move material and meet order requirements (crown truck, Raymond side-loader, overhead crane, fork lift).
- Follows customer requirements to select, fill and package orders.
- Attaches bundle tag to material being shipped and stages for shipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Stooping, standing, and manual dexterity
- Light lifting (occasional 11 kg / 25 lbs or less)
- Heavy lifting (frequent 11 kg / 25 lbs+)
- Assigned safety equipment must be worn at all times (hard hat, safety shoes with metatarsal, safety glasses with side shields, gloves, arm guards)
- Frequent exposure to mechanical moving parts
Required Experience: Type, Skills, and Years:
- 1-2 years previous experience with cutting machines, saw and / or power equipment
- Basic measurement competency
- Basic math competency
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a warehouse environment
- Strong work ethic
Required Specialized Certifications:
- Capable of being certified in assigned equipment (forklift, Raymond side-loader, overhead crane, etc.)
- Secondary school or equivalent
- One year of work experience
- One year of equipment experience
- PC literacy
- Certified in assigned equipment (forklift, Raymond side-loader, overhead crane, etc.)
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
Are you ready to take command of your career? Do your professional skills and interests have you poised for growth with an industry leader? Castle Metals is ready to talk with YOU! Recognized as a leading global distributor of metals with more than 25 locations worldwide, Castle Metals is a trusted partner for some of the industry’s top clients. As our company continues to grow, we are always on the lookout for top talent to join our winning team!