Our client is a fast-growing technology leader in the manufacture, service, support and integration of Warehouse automated conveyance systems. They are located in the GTA.
The Vice President, Operations reports to the President of the organization. The position will have financial, operational and leadership responsibility for the Operations division of the business while delivering results against the financial plan. The Vice President, Operations provides leadership to a number of key departments while focusing on customer requirements, operational performance and motivating the workforce. Applicants with a proven track record of success and experience / knowledge in the manufacturing of conveyance systems for warehouse and distribution centers will be given preference. You have a technical background and have experience in all aspects of the design, manufacture and installation of these systems or other high technology packaging systems. The successful candidate must be capable of ascending to the level of COO within 3 years.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Review the current organization structure for optimum effectiveness and structure.
* Review operational workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships of the division
* Build and manage departmental budgets and/or business plans
* Identifies resource needs with significant influence on approval of identified needs. Troubleshoots and resolves most complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
* Advanced leadership experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, distribution, or assembly environment.
* Prior experience in Lean Manufacturing Six Sigma
* A proponent of change management – encourages change and creative problem solving.
* Ensure customer contract requirements are understood and met.
* Manage and ensure timely performance reviews, development, succession planning, on-boarding and development of a team.
Responsible for the coordination of daily production of all departments. The successful candidate will:
* Plan, direct, and coordinate the work activities of all areas of production.
* Determine resource needs related to staffing and training.
* Maintain appropriate records relating to all areas of operations.
* Build and maintain a professional working relationship with the customer.
* Monitor customer feedback and issues.
* Resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Lead the team in achieving the Manufacturing KPI’s of Safety, Quality, Productivity, and On-time Delivery
* Must have Previous Warehouse Conveyance Systems experience or related manufacturing of material handling / packaging systems
* Automation / Robotic knowledge and experience, is a plus
* Advance skills in Microsoft Office
Bachelors Degree or advanced degree in Logistics, Engineering, or a related operations discipline. Twelve to fifteen years’ experience is required.
Direction of Others:
Will manage multiple exempt and non-exempt level technical and Engineering employees and/or other managers.
Our client will provide the successful candidate with an above average compensation package and career opportunities. Our client is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact qualified candidates for an interview.