Northern Transformer is a Canadian-owned, fast growing manufacturer of power transformers. Our team delivers transformers of the highest quality through proven design, quality workmanship, and rapid response to our clients’ special needs. Transformers are either custom designed to meet a client’s unique needs, or built to CSA C88, ANSI C57, or IEC standards.
Major Areas of Responsibility
· Wind a variety of transformer coils used in distribution and power transformers with a specific focus on layer and large disc windings for 2-50 MVA transformers
· Troubleshoot and repair coils for large transformers
· Operate winding machines independently
· Prep insulation, setup winding equipment, tear down and clean up after completion
· Review winding specs and instructions and provide feedback to engineering department on manufacturability
· Understand key quality criteria for both disc and layer windings
· Operate overhead crane system safely
· Maintain production records including labour hours tracking and production control in a modern ERP system
. Work 40 Hours per week.