We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate about rolling out the red carpet for our Rockstar Crew.
Passionate about People and helping them learn?! … Us too! This ‘someone’ will be an expert in a variety of facilitation methods and will help create organizational processes and learning activities to help establish our culture onboard our lovely ship.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
– The Learn and Grow manager will model our Rockstar Principles and will help our leadership team to deliver on our service promise to our Sailors. This might include you being a detective helping to observe situations and plan strategic solutions
– Execute the onboarding & engagement programs ensuring that all necessary requirements are undertaken and follow set familiarization processes
– Empower leadership to own performance and support the delivery of learning solutions with an emphasis on in-person facilitation
– Own the Learning platform and ensure all crew are knowledgeable and compliant with regulations
– Make sure that all new hires get the tools they need to adjust to ship life and quickly get up to speed on how to do their job
– Relentless motivator with a core reliance that shines in sunny and stormy weather
– 5 years’ experience as Learning and Development Manager onboard a Cruise Ship or within an organization famed for its dedication to people performance
– BA Degree or equivalent in Learning & Development, Teaching or Education
– Amazing Public Speaking skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
– Passionate about people-centered learning methodologies and delivering learning activities in an engaging, exciting way
– All certificates as required by STCW for this position
– Excellent written & verbal skills