Our client, a busy, high volume Tier 1 & 2 automotive facility in Woodstock, ON is currently seeking to add an experienced Tooling Engineer (specializing in plastics) to their team on a direct hire basis. The Tooling Engineer is responsible for defining tooling requirements based on customer feedback and company tooling standards. They will also be responsible for project mold design reviews with internal and external customers and managing the overall build schedule following it through from design to buy off of the tool.
Duties, Responsibilities and Skills:
- Involvement in the analysis of technical data (drawings, data, and sketch, etc.), providing insight into manufacturability of products based on drawing or design
- Offering feedback to customers and suggestions on the design change in order to improve part feasibility
- Creating mold specifications; supporting tool shop selection and further discussing specifications of the mold build
- Attending weekly meetings with customers
- Design review; ensure tooling is designed to internal and external customer standards
- Managing tool shops to ensure tools stay on track to progress and schedule
- Attending tool trials to ensure design meets manufacturability and are built to standards
- Tracking progress of tooling to ensure issues are closed out before buy off to the manufacturing plant
- Working with the plant Tooling Team to troubleshoot any issues
- Sense of creativity when designing a mold, and when having to change and adapt to different specifications
- Attention to detail and accuracy when preparing and reviewing mold designs
- Ability to adapt to changing demands from customers as well as fellow team members
- Ability to manage time and organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks
Experience, Education and Requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience with injection mold design/ tooling
- Minimum 1year experience with plastics required
- Relevant Engineering experience within an automotive setting preferred
- Successful completion of a relevant Engineering diploma or degree program; design, mechanical or manufacturing
- Successful completion (or in progress) of mold design/ mold maker apprenticeship
This permanent opportunity offers a rewarding compensation package complete with competitive salary, incentive bonus program, RRSP matching, excellent health benefit package, extra paid time off, room for advancement, amazing company culture, and a perfect location for commuters. If you feel you meet the requirements of this Tooling Engineer opportunity, please apply today!
Scout HR Solutions uses our years of expertise and assists our clients and candidates in finding the perfect fit for our permanent executive search opportunities!