The successful candidate will perform tasks related to reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies, prototypes, or models, and setting up machine tools.The Tool and Die Maker will be responsible for working under minimal supervision, laying out, constructing and repairing shop tools, gauges, fixtures, jigs and drawings and /or verbal instructions for use within the plant.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, dies, prototypes or models
- Prepare templates and sketches, and determine work processes
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and set up machine tools
- Position, secure, measure and work metal stock or castings to lay out for machining
- Fit and assemble or disassemble parts using hand tools
- Test completed tools, dies, jigs or fixtures for proper operation
- Operates machines such as lathes, drill presses, punch presses, shapers and grinders to fabricate dies, tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Repairs and reworks dies, tools, jigs, etc., per blueprints/engineering drawings/sketches/verbal instructions.
- May construct components and parts to close tolerances that may have nonstandard or unusual shapes.
- May assist in the construction and rebuilding of machines used in production.
- Cleans, checks and lubricates machines to maintain proper operation.
- May heat treat small parts to ensure conformity to specifications.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement System.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma
- Completion of apprenticeship program, or completed 8,000 hours of on the job experience/training to challenge the Certificate of Qualification
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times