– 1. Loading and offloading of materials in a safe and efficient manner and using correct company procedures.
2. Stack, load, and unload steel and iron pieces. (There are also many occasions where a certain amount of manual handling will be required).
3. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy and as explained in Site Health and Safety rules/procedures.
4. At all times comply with company policies, procedures, and instructions.
5. General laboring duties when the forklift is not required.
This will include general housekeeping, removing garbage, etc,
6. Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas, and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
General Skills and Abilities:
Lift up to 50 pounds and stand/walk for 10 hours a day, Work outside. Use common sense and independent thought to solve problems, Work comfortably without direct supervision, Be a punctual, reliable, and responsible person, Interpret requests and impart that information to others accurately, Understand verbal and written directions, Demonstrate good communication skills with a functional understanding of English, Understand basic math principles, and Read a measuring tape precisely and work with measurements as fractions or decimals. Education, Certifications, or Experience: Forklift License (Will be required to operate a forklift), Class 7 Drivers License, Container Handler Certification as an asset, Previous forklift experience is an asset but we will train the right candidate.
Pay Structure & Work Expectations:
Shift Work, Pay will be determined on experience, Telehandler/Forklift Operator tickets would be ideal, Driver's License necessary with driver's abstract (if required), Prior experience in fabrication shops/yards would be an asset.
Ironspan is an industry leader in Design-Build Solutions. We design, engineer, supply and erect quality building packages to anywhere in North America. With a team of supervisors, depth of knowledge and experience, we are experts in our craft.
Our core values are:
-People matter; we treasure high-value relationships
-Through hunger and hard work we drive to lead
-Our people do whatever it takes
-We strive to develop self leaders
-Thirst for knowledge, passion to accelerate
-We are dedicated to learning, adapting, and continuously improving
We Thrive to Build Better