The core of each organisation is its people, and behind every great organisation is a group of talented, driven, and dynamic individuals.
At SilverPoint Systems Ltd. we are a technology services provider run by technology people. A family-owned and operated company, we believe the difference that sets us apart from our competition is our biggest asset – our people – and it is this asset that we work to improve at all times.
As part of a dynamic and growing technology service provider team, this role presents an opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies where you will participate in deploying and supporting solutions for our customers.
If you are a self-starter and are looking for a career with an organisation that believes that investing in itself means investing in its employees, then we invite you to contact us about a possible career with SilverPoint.
The Technician role is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of intermediate technical services to our customers. This role will involve working closely with individuals within our IT Technician and IT Engineer roles, as well as multiple, outsources services providers.
The role combines some project participation and operations support. The 'Customer Service Approach' is a key factor in being successful in this role, as it will have a high degree of exposure to end-users where you will be troubleshooting requests over the phone and on-site at client locations.
The successful candidate will be well organised, be a systematic problem-solver with a proven ability to communicate ideas, and have the ability to establish trust with end users. Previous IT delivery experience is required to ensure SilverPoint continued to provide best-in-class and cost-effective services to our customers.
Basic Job Duties Include:
- Mobile Phones
- Software & Hardware Troubleshooting
- Investigate blocked, lost and stolen devices
- Laptop / Desktop Hardware Troubleshooting
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate all desktop hardware issues.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate Driver installation issues.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate general printing issues.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate all print queue and server issues.
- Thin Client
- Configure and deploy thin clients.
- Troubleshooting thin clients.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate Supported Application Issues. This may involve working with independent software vendors.
- System Application Support
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate System Application issues (Oracle, ODBC, Drivers, SQL, etc.)
- Provision, disable and troubleshoot access to the Client environments.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate email messaging with the Outlook client.
- File System
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate personal drive permissions and provisioning issues.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate network drive permissions and quota issues.
- Troubleshoot performance issues on shared drives
- Backup Management
- Working with multiple different backup technologies to ensure that our client data is protected effectively.
- Infrastructure Services
- Investigate, troubleshoot and remediate all network related issues (WLAN & LAN).
- Enterprise Grade Firewall / Router Appliances from multiple vendors.
- Managed network equipment, such as switches and access points.
- This will involve working with external internet service providers
- Troubleshoot client and application performance.
- Investigate, Troubleshoot, and Remediate driver issues on client devices.
- Ensuring that application databases are backed up successfully.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and remediate all phone system issues including DID, Wireless Phones, etc. This may involve working with phone carriers, telecom specialists, etc.