Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:XENE) – a biopharmaceutical company with operations in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Boston, MA, USA – is advancing an exciting pipeline of therapies for neurological disorders, with a particular focus on innovative treatments for epilepsy. Xenon has a number of promising therapeutics in clinical development, valuable collaborations with pharmaceutical partners, and innovative early-stage research underway and also has a strong balance sheet to support its continued growth in 2021 and beyond.
We are a collaborative, ambitious, and driven team with a common mission to improve the lives of patients with neurological disorders. Creating a healthy and productive work environment is a priority, and we understand the importance of investing in our employees’ growth and development. We support charities and volunteerism, knowing that when our people contribute to their local communities, they are gaining new experiences and becoming even better leaders. Xenon’s employees are smart, passionate, and driven by their incredibly important work to discover, develop and deliver new medicines for patients in need. We are looking for talented and determined individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment to join our team during this transformative time for the company.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will assist in deploying and maintaining computer hardware, software installation and upgrades, help desk requests, and other tasks as assigned. Excellent communication skills, initiative, and the ability to troubleshoot technical problems, work well under pressure, learn quickly, and manage multiple issues concurrently are all required skills. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The individual will be required to troubleshoot a wide range of hardware and software issues, in consultation with other team members when necessary.
- Support, manage and maintain desktop software through Windows Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows Updates.
- Support Azure, O365, Google Workspace, and on-premise Active Directory user and device management.
- Support Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop environment.
- Support Cisco VOIP solution.
- Expand log collection as appropriate and further centralize logging on Splunk server.
- Collaborate with team members to evaluate available cloud-services solutions for short term scalability and/or disaster recovery.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of standard operating procedures with other team members.
- Work with team members to develop a scalable, secure, hybrid infrastructure to support Xenon’s long-term growth and expansion.
- Collaborate with team members to review security controls in place.
- Support with other duties and/or projects as required.
- To conduct all activities with attention to confidentiality and in compliance with regulatory requirements, professional values, and corporate policies.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline, with 5 or more years of experience.
- Familiarity with quality management systems and hardware/software validation would be an asset.
- Takes initiative and the ability to troubleshoot technical problems, work well under pressure, and learn quickly.
- Ability to problem-solve while being resourceful, flexible, and calm.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects and daily tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work different hours in order to provide around the clock support with team members.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET:
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Active Directory
- Azure and O365
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Cisco Unified Communication
- Experience with Google Workspace would be an asset
- Familiarity with networking (routing, switching, firewall, wireless, dot1x)
Click on the Apply button to fill out the application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.