Social Enterprise for Canada (SEC) is a charitable organization started in 1989 and serving York Region, Peel Region and Simcoe County. SEC seeks, secures and delivers a range of public services dedicated to creating communities that exemplify Canadian values of respect, inclusion, diversity, equity and sustainability.
SEC maintains its head office in Newmarket and provides public service signature expertise for immigrants, newcomers, early learning and development, Family Justice Service, Career and Labour market integration through programs such as Supervised Access, EarlyOn Child & Family Centres, Welcome Centre for Immigrant Services-Newmarket and several Before & After School and Licensed Childcare Programs.
SEC has been an early adaptor public benefit organization. As such Social Enterprise Canada Corp is a companion business company that delivers high value business and client services. SECC’s portfolio includes data applications, virtual, service and multilingual communication solutions.
We are looking for an individual to join our pursuit of excellence in delivery by providing the best value through high customer focus and satisfaction, high impact and operational efficiency. We strongly believe in play based learning using the new combined care model. Having knowledge of community services and agencies is an essential key in providing children and families with the information and referrals needed to support and strengthen those relationships and their family from a holistic approach. The successful individual will be committed to providing program excellence while modeling the HDLH pedagogy in all interactions.
As the School Age Supervisor you will directly support the implementation of the Before and After School Program. The Program Supervisor will engage in program while performing on-site supervision of staff and volunteers. You will foster an environment that facilitates various activities that promote physical activity, healthy eating and nutrition, positive personal development and wellness; and to engage, build trusting relationships that support school aged children and families in our community.
Your internal driver for program excellence is a genuine love for children and leading by example. Ensuring licensing compliance through organization, planning, development and implementation of age appropriate curriculum that is inclusive of agency vision and mission statements will be your measure of success.
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Early Childhood Educator; current RECE Certification required
· Experience in a Supervisory position involving on-going coaching, mentoring and performance management
· Strong working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures to ensure that children are supervised and safe at all times
· Strong working knowledge of child development theories and practices
· Experience planning and delivering an inquiry based emergent curriculum
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment with all levels of staff, the public, and program participants
· Strong time management to meet timelines, reporting and documentation requirements
· Demonstrated experience with MS Office and the ability to prepare and write reports/records and maintain same
· Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling
· Current CPR level C and First Aid Certificate
· All immunizations up to date including Tuberculosis (2 Part TB) test
· Legally able to work in Canada for a period of no less than 3 years
· This position requires before and after school hours, will require PA Day, and occasional evening hours for open house, training etc.
· Position requires summer program support when delivered at this location
· Current, clear Vulnerable Sector Screen
· The ability to speak multiple languages is considered an asset
· Valid Driver’s License an asset, reliable transportation required.
· This position will be required to attend meetings and/or trainings at various affiliated sites.
· Requires flexible availability for PA days and occasional evening hours for open house, trainings, etc.