Structural Steel Construction Engineer: Harvey 2396
The Structural Steel Construction Engineer will report to the General Manager, and possess an action-oriented mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations, whom can operate with vision and integrity.
You will be expected to play an active role in the development and completion of projects, meet and report back to upper management, oversee work schedules and progress reports, and work with multiple and diverse teams.
Some of your responsibilities also include aligning engineering activities, detailing activities and projects with company goals and objectives, providing expert guidance and support, and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful as a structural steel construction engineer, you should have exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
Must be able, to identify and navigate organizational changes, with a keen interest in industry trends in engineering and leadership, and an above average emotional intelligence.
- Provide steel connection design, erection plans, specialty ‘erection aid’ designs, etc.
- Provide technical guidance to detailers, project managers, and top management
- Reviewing customer’s drawings, detailed shop drawings & models
- Consulting on ways to improve cost-efficiency value engineering, capacity restrictions, ect …
- Implementing best practice engineering and detailing methods
- Maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as clients, engineers, architects, project managers, detailers, ect..
- 5 years plus of experience in the ‘Steel Industry’ and preferably with steel connection design experience
- Experience with specialty & custom miscellaneous metal fabrications & structural steel
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Professional registration/designation with EGBC [or provincially transferrable]
- Must have an Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering with a major in Structural Design.
- Excellent knowledge with the interaction of steel and concrete, masonry, wood/timber
- Understanding of the requirements of the Building Code & CWB Welding Standards/Code
- Excellent Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Trained & Experienced in Engineering & Drafting Software, AutoCAD, Tekla, Advanced Steel, …
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with ability to work independently and in a team
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility; Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Must have strong organization and time management skills
- Takes initiative and can self-direct to accomplish goals with minimum supervision
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package after 3 months