Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a complete set of cloud services that enable all companies, from startups to enterprises, to run virtually everything in the cloud, including mobile applications, big data analytics, AI/ML platforms, and microservices/serverless infrastructures. Startups, which are primarily born-in-the-cloud now, represent a critically important and growing subset of customers to AWS. Startups have unique needs, priorities, and growth trajectories that distinguish them from traditional businesses and require different engagement strategies and sales motions from seller teams to effectively acquire, grow, and retain them on the AWS platform.
As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Canadian Startup Sales District Manager to own, operate and define strategy for the fast growing early, mid, and late stage startups across the country. You will be responsible for building and developing a team of Canadian Startup Account Managers in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal, driving revenue and user adoption, and ensuring new startups select AWS as their primary cloud provider. Your team will also be responsible for driving growth and retention of existing AWS startup customers, as well as migrations to AWS of new startup customers currently running their infrastructure elsewhere. The district manager will align closely with go-to-market strategy and business development leaders who are driving strategic support, global co-programming, and portfolio engagement to help drive top and middle of funnel outcomes and accelerate seller cycles in the field. You will also work with a cross functional teams in marketing, solution architecture, and business development as well as cross-geo with your counterparts in other countries around the globe to implement a globally consistent coverage model, go-to-market strategy, and goals for the AWS startup business.
You will be at the heart of latest trends like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), serverless and IoT. Your customers leverage state-of-the-art technologies on AWS to innovate and become the next disrupters, like today’s AirBnB, Slack, DoorDash, and Lyft. You are passionate about startups with entrepreneurial spirit (a builder!) who is prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, execute against ambitious goals, and consistently embrace the Amazon Culture.
• Lead a customer obsessed business
• Ensure customer success with early, mid and late stage startups
• Accelerate customer adoption through well-developed sales engagements and successful GTM Strategy
• Drive revenue and market share while meeting/exceeding revenue targets
• Develop and execute goals to drive long term strategy with startups
• Lead the team with engagements with Founders, CxO, Board of Directors and VC influencers
• Partner with cross functional teams across Solution Architecture, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, and Training and execute customer acquisition programs and strategies
• Define and drive operational processes and excellence with sales teams
• Identify ways for AWS to add value to startups and help them grow beyond just providing great infrastructure services and support
We are open to hiring this role in Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal
– Passion for helping startups grow
– Entrepreneurial “builder” mentality
– 3-10 years of technology related sales management or business development experience
• MBA/MA/MS degree
• Previous cloud expertise at a technology company
• A technical background in engineering or computer science
• History of working for, or selling to tech startups Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BA/BS degree
• Comfortable delivering results amid ambiguity and change
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to employment equity. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce that reflects Canada is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.