Neurio Technology, a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems, is seeking a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing financial functions including creating and posting journal entries, general ledger account reconciliation and analysis including cash projections, payroll, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and financial reporting including execution of monthly close activities, along with administrative functions to support the office.
This position is based in lovely Vancouver, British Columbia.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter and reconcile transactions with precision (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Expense Reports, Inter-company Movements and other general ledger accounts) and prepare related supporting schedules.
- Submit payroll Semi-monthly (track vacation, update employee data, reconcile cash flows and benefit payments with chart of accounts).
- Track cash movements to provide account balance reconciliation and rolling forecasts.
- Investigate and document reconciling items.
- Execute month-end closing process with accurate and timely account analysis and journal entries.
- Prepare financial reports and charts with high-level accuracy.
- Contribute in executing plan for internal control compliance.
- Work with other departments and internally within the accounting group in providing financial services support.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of current processes and procedures.
- Assist with external audits as required. Provide requested items accurately and promptly.
- Comply with the organization's overall financial policies and controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Answer office phone calls, greet guests, and handle mail and courier services.
- Organize special team events.
- Manage office supplies, food/coffee/water stations, cleaning and maintenance to make sure the office looks professional and organized every day.
- Help with new employee onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year experience in accounting or finance
- CPA certification
- Previous experience using SAP or general ledger accounting systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effective analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to organize, track, and reconcile accurate financial information
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, GAAP and FASB standards
- Ability to manage shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
To formally apply to this position go to https://generacta.avature.net/careers/JobDetail/Vancouver-British-Columbia-Canada-Staff-Accountant-Neurio-Technology-Clean-Energy/3434 . You will not be considered an applicant until you complete an online application.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Neurio Technology, a division of Generac Power Systems, (NYSE: Generac) headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, is a leading energy data company focused on metering technology and sophisticated analytics to optimize energy use within a home or business. Neurio’s hardware and software solutions equip users with the intelligence to manage and control electrical loads, solar systems and batteries to optimize energy consumption and increase savings.