6 month contract
Start Beginning of April
Be a part of a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company with a great mission, providing is customers with enabling them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities
As a staff Accountant, you will perform general ledger accounting duties by applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate internal control procedures.
- Perform month-end close procedures for main operating entities, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and analysis of results.
- Maintain and reconcile various Balance Sheet Accounts as required.
- Responsible for accounting for Prepaid Expenses, Intangible Assets, Deferred Rent, Fixed Assets and various accrued expenses.
- Partner with FP&A to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Help establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 1+ years accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 1 year in Big 4.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills); strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality
*Please submit Resume for Consideration