Imagine a database where you don’t have to worry about the configuration or capacity of your database. Where you don’t have to worry about what kind of load that your product or service will put on it and you only pay for what you use. Want to learn more? Then read on.
Amazon Aurora Serverless an on-demand, auto-scaling configuration for Amazon Aurora where the database will automatically start up, shut down, and scale capacity up or down based on your application’s needs, with no down time. It enables you to run your database in the cloud without managing any database instances. With Amazon Aurora Serverless we aim to do nothing less than revolutionize the database business. Aurora Serverless builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB and we are breaking new ground in the way that customers experience databases.
To learn more about Amazon Aurora Serverless visit: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora/serverless/
We are looking for experienced, passionate and curious engineering leaders to innovate with us on behalf of our customers. In this role, you will lead teams that design and implement systems that orchestrate thousands of databases. Your team will build a foundational platform consisting of web service APIs and workflows which make Aurora Serverless highly available, scalable, reliable and fast. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling and hiring engineers.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing AWS service and have an impact on the future shape of the cutting-edge database technology, and of the cloud in general. Your decisions will directly affect Aurora’s large customer base. We count on your deep technical and leadership expertise, good judgement, eagerness to learn and ability to collaborate across teams. We will give you the opportunity to work with and learn from our senior managers and principal engineers, AWS’s pragmatic visionaries.
We recognize new team members need time to ramp-up and feel fully comfortable within the team. You will have a launch buddy, a manager who will help you navigate through this processes offering you help and mentorship.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
• 5+ years of experience managing an agile team of 10+ software development engineers
• 2+ years of experience taking a leading role in architecture and design, utilizing best practices to achieve availability, reliability and scalability
• Experience successfully delivering and operating complex software systems
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field
• 5+ years experience leading multiple interdisciplinary teams, including technical leads, software engineers, devops engineers, database engineers and project managers.
• 10+ years of professional experience in software development
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
• Experience building distributed databases, storage systems or cloud services
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.