Job Title: Senior Product Designer – UX consumer-facing mobile products
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $80,000 – $90,000 CAD
Our client is an organization that drives innovation for an $18-billion food hospitality organization. They serve over 3 billion meals per year in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more.
Disrupt and Delight. As part of the innovation fabric, that’s what they do. They are the ones who challenge. Who tinker. Who wonder freely and know that nothing is real until we make it. They drive the freshest possible thinking, innovating in technology to create day-changing experiences, every day.
They are building hardware and software in our hospitality physical spaces that use data to improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately drive better consumer experiences.
Retail intelligence relies on data – how to gather it, how to analyze it, and what to do with the knowledge derived from it. They are investing in areas as data management, machine learning and computational social science to understand the environment, the people as well as how they interact with other. Furthermore, we also analyze data in the digital world: we uncover latent consumer behaviors from our mobile apps, self-serve kiosks, POS and digital marketing channels.
Our client is looking for a Senior Product Designer to create world-class user experience for our mobile products. You’ll contribute to shaping the design culture and process from the ground up and get to drive big and meaningful design problems.
You will collaborate and work closely with product managers, user experience researchers and service design teams. On this team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many of our B2B and B2B2C product areas.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Own and drive design problems from ideation to execution
- Balance long term planning and strategy with near term sprint support
- Build the relationship and collaborate closely with the cross-functional teams such as UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Service Design
- Deeply understand the business goal and challenge its requirements as necessary
- Use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Contextualize the holistic impact of your design across our products
- Create user scenarios, user journey, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development
- Drive design through data, build methods to collect and analyze data from user interactions, run/attend experiments and user interviews
- Work with design infrastructure team to conform with the latest design system and contribute to its continuous innovation
- Provide design feedback and guidance to our junior designers
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a product/UX designer with a focus on consumer-facing mobile products
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools and technology cross platform
- Must be able to work in our offices in Mississauga, Ontario (HQ)
- You love a fast-paced environment
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end
- You make a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- Lead design reviews with company leadership and provide expertise on how design can drive business results
- Experience using, building, and maintaining design systems and UI component libraries
- Strengths in UX strategy, information architecture, systems design
- Experience with information visualization and design
- Proficiency with the full-stack of design tools, from concept to delivery
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects in a high-paced environment
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. It’s never someone else’s problem.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Strategic Solutions is a dedicated technology recruitment company. Our strength is our diverse technology background, connection to the Tech community and ability to make personal and committed connections with each client. We don’t just place value on what the most sought after talent can bring from a professional perspective, but also as individuals. Our Strategic Consultants are constantly connected to the next generation of competitive technologies and the young individuals who are leaders in those fields. We strive to make connections with new recruits who hold specific and in demand skill sets that our partners need. We take the time to build meaningful relationships and gain an understanding of what each consultant’s objectives are. We don’t think it’s important to take the time to find out what our client’s needs are, with think it is absolutely essential. It is only after this exploratory process do we think it is possible to be able to match them with the right talent.