KUBRA is looking for an ambitious, innovative Senior Developer to join the team!
KUBRA's hiring efforts will continue during the COVID-19 pandemic. Any face-to-face stages of our interview process will be virtual via video conference.
What you get to do every day
- As a Senior Developer, you will have the opportunity of working on the implementation of complicated code, data edits, and cosmetic (re)designs, potentially involving rewriting and adding whole new application functions and procedures as part of KUBRA client solution implementation projects
- Since you’ll be working on implementation projects for our clients, you’ll also have an opportunity to participate in customer requirement studies to gather information and understand customer needs/requirements in order to produce the required product using KUBRA’s existing suite of solutions – you’ll translate these requirements into program specifications (design activities), build custom resource libraries, perform in-house system testing, and collaborate with the client to ensure their requirements are met
- In performing the assigned project tasks, you’ll work alongside a team of developers, the Technical Lead, Project Manager, and other team members as required to ensure successful project execution and monitoring of project deliverables
- As a Senior member of the team, you will also mentor and help train Junior members of the team
What kind of person should you be?
- A senior software developer – you live and breathe programming, it’s your passion
- Detail oriented and solution focused – creating clean, scalable code for web-based applications is your specialty
- An excellent communicator both when writing and speaking — you’re comfortable collaborating with clients to gather requirements and coordinating with internal teams to ensure that solutions are developed to meet the needs and requirements of the client
- Someone who is open to learning new technologies and, on occasion, working with legacy applications
- Self-motivated and organized
What skills do you need?
- 5-7+ years of programming experience in a client-server environment
- Demonstrated experience with C#/VB.NET programming and relational database technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to help you coordinate and interact with clients and internal teams
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field will go a long way
What can you expect from us?
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Confidence to take risks when we see potential
- A management team that cares about people
- An extensive orientation program including job shadowing from your first 30 days up to six months
- A chance to join the occasional beach volleyball game or board game night
We are a fast-growing and dynamic company offering customer experience management solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance and government entities across North America. Our portfolio of meter-to-cash and outage communication solutions includes billing and payment, mapping, mobile apps and proactive customer communications solutions for customers. With more than 1 billion customer experiences annually, we have the ability to provide performance-driven value to more than 550 clients every day.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.
KUBRA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
KUBRA provides customer experience management solutions to some of the largest utility and government entities across North America. Our portfolio includes billing and payments, mapping, mobile apps, proactive communications, and artificial intelligence solutions for customers. With more than 1.5 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA services reach over 40% of households in the U.S. and Canada. KUBRA is an operating subsidiary of the Hearst Corporation.
From our beginnings in 1992 providing outsourced printing and mailing services, KUBRA has evolved to focus on digital, in-person, and print solutions that help utilities interact more easily with their customers. Today, we offer the most complete and integrated suite of customer experience management solutions available on the market.