FILLED – Congratulations, Dennis!SENIOR FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Our Client has an exceptional opportunity for a bright motivated Senior Financial Professional who is
passionate about their work, confident in attending board meetings and
brings an entrepreneurial mindset and work style —
self-starting, highly accountable and enjoys contributing to
new ideas, plans and business strategies.Based in Regina, Saskatchewan, you will play a key role
in an innovative growing company poised to
launch manufacturing/sales of a newly designed all-terrain vehicle.Your financial/business expertise will in turn provide you with career growth
and a work environment that offers fun, challenge and access to incredible networks and minds.
(Note this position has been elevated to a senior level, from our original posting)
As Senior Financial Controller, you will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. During the initial stages of the company’s growth, you will be part of a small management team, and be asked to assume additional duties in office and facility management (~20% initially). As the company grows in size and complexity, the role will evolve towards strictly Financial Controller duties.
1.0 Financial Management & AccountingReport to the CEO and build collaborative working relationships with the advisory team, employees, suppliers and banking representatives. Contribute to new ideas, plans and business strategies; attend and/or present at board meetings. Understand the nuances of, and create financial metrics to attract venture capital. Manage the accounting operations. Provide accurate and timely full cycle accounting, from entry of information to financial statements and preparation of year-end working papers. Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts. Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting. Process A/R, A/P, government remittances, payroll and bank reconciliations. Prepare financial statements and reports for management review and decision making. Research accounting issues for compliance. Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting. Develop accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Gain proficiency in utilizing the current financial software program. Research, gain knowledge and if appropriate, recommend software program/s that will create efficiences for the organization. Maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality. 2.0 Office and Facility Management Provide office operations and facility management support to the CEO. Serve as liaison and oversee/manage the overall systems, processes, policies and procedures from an operations, finance and human resources perspective. Establish, manage and update company policies and procedures in relation to organizational needs, current legislation, best practices and/or industry standards. Enhance and identify ways to create efficiencies, reduce costs and streamline operations.As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
EDUCATION: An advanced degree in Accounting; a CPA designation is preferred.EXPERIENCE:
– Over 10 years of progressive combined accounting and finance experience as a Controller, ideally with experience working in an entrepreneurial work environment and venture capital projects.
– Experience dealing with banks, participating in board meetings and an interest in the manufacturing or vehicle industries is an asset.
– Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, and strong technical accounting skills in full cycle accounting, reporting and financial statements.DESIRED ATTRIBUTES:
– Highly motivated leader with an entrepreneurial, forward-thinking mindset and strong financial and analysis skills. You will bring a keen desire to be part of an exceptional team bringing a state-of-the-art product from design and manufacturing to global distribution.
– Strong analysis skills, information gathering and objective perspective; high integrity and confidentiality.
– Positive and collaborative with excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
– Motivated and well-organized team player, with strong critical thinking and financial modelling/business analysis skills.
Explore this opportunity to work with a dynamic team! Competitive management level salary plus share options, and great career growth opportunity!Please direct your enquiries and confidential resume to:email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EMPLOYMENT NETWORK CANADA INC.
2080 Rae Street, Regina, Sask S4T 2E5
Attention: David Eisenzimmer, CPC
or Linda Langelier, CPHR, CPC
www.employmentnetwork.caYour resume and information is held in strict confidence and is not released to any individual or organization withour your consent.