* Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho
* Senior level role within an experienced and growing team
* Full-time, permanent position with a competitive salary between $85,000-$110,000/year + bonus
* Opportunity to join one of Idaho’s “Best Places to Work” – people-centric company culture defined by lifelong learning, opportunity, and autonomy
* Hands-on engineering role developing solutions with the latest PLC, HMI/SCADA and MES software products
* Must be a citizen of the United States
We’re Apex Manufacturing Solutions (http://www.apexmfgsolutions.com/) . We provide industry-leading, end-to-end manufacturing solutions that include automation systems design and integration, manufacturing execution systems, continuous improvement consulting and implementation, and support and maintenance services.
Working across a variety of industries (including food and beverage, semiconductor, power generation, water and wastewater, and more) we deliver more than just plant floor automation – we build systems that allow business leaders to make better informed operational decisions and achieve success.
That’s where you come in. As our new Sr. Automation and Controls Engineer, you’ll play a critical, senior-level role on our team working with our clients to identify and architect solutions, develop software, and manage projects successfully.
You’ll enjoy a hands-on role, in which you’ll work as both an individual contributor, as well as a project team leader to deliver a variety of projects across various industries and applications.
Your tasks will include:
* Pre-sales support – assist our sales team in crafting and delivering communications about the technical aspects of proposed solutions
* Design and discovery – work with customers to define requirements, design solutions, and outline deliverables and project success criteria
* Build and programming of solutions (PLC, HMI/SCADA systems), and testing of code
* On site commissioning – coordinate activities on site and execute installation, testing, and validation of the solution
* After sales support – after solution implementation, work with customer to solve any lingering issues
We’re dedicated to taking care of our customers, going the extra mile to deliver solutions that fulfill their needs. We’re looking for someone who can do more than deliver technically. The cornerstone of your success will be your aptitude to communicate clearly, listen closely, and adapt your delivery style to a variety of different personalities. You’ll engage with customers to make them feel heard, while at the same time, serve as a mentor and coach to more junior team members, so they can learn to do the same.
If you’re in search of a collaborative culture, where you can work with a team who truly live out the values of integrity, accountability, growth, teamwork, and fun every day, then you’ve found the right place with us.
Working with Apex Manufacturing Solutions
Since 2005, Apex has been dedicated to a few simple principles – to provide an environment where it’s fun to be part of the team, promote a culture of learning and opportunity, and do great work for our customers.
As part of our team, here’s what you can expect:
* Full-time, permanent position with a competitive salary between $85,000-$110,000/year + bonus (based on company profitability and personal performance goals)
* Unlimited vacation time
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance plan
* 401K retirement plan (3% company match with no vesting period)
* Short & long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance, and additional voluntary benefits including supplemental insurance and FSA
* A flat management structure in which you’ll enjoy a high degree of responsibility and independence
* Commitment to your professional development – regular formal and informal training and feedback, and opportunities to take courses and work on projects that align with your development goals
* Relocation assistance
We’re located in Boise, Idaho which is ranked one of the top places to live and work year after year. Offering a low cost of living, Boise has a surprising blend of the urban and outdoors, with all the comforts and amenities of a big city, yet small enough to easily enjoy it all.
Our office is spacious and open with tons of natural light. We have stylish and modern sit/stand desk units, a well-equipped lab for equipment set up and testing, snacks, drinks, our ‘beer-30’s on Fridays, not to mention our regulation-size shuffleboard table. In addition to comfortable communal work areas, we also have spaces for when you need some quiet.
If this sounds like the type of place where you can put your roots down, and feel motivated, engaged and inspired to do your best work, then we want to meet you.
Here’s what we need:
* Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in industrial automation or process controls and systems integration with a strong focus (50%+) on software design and programming
* Demonstrated experience with Rockwell PLC hardware & programming
* Demonstrated expertise with major HMI software vendors including Wonderware, Rockwell, and Inductive Automation
* BS degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of your time within the continental US
* Citizen of the United States. Apex is not currently accepting work visas.
And here’s what would be a plus:
* Experience with HMI software such as Wonderware InTouch & System Platform, Ignition, and Rockwell FactoryTalk.
* Programming experience with full-range of Rockwell PLCs, including legacy controllers (PLC5/SLC/etc.)
* Programming experience with other PLC manufacturers, including Siemens, Modicon, etc.
* Experience managing automation projects through the entire project lifecycle including pre-sales, design & planning, development, testing, commissioning and project close-out
* Experience with any of the following: HTML5, MS-SQL, ASP, XML, .NET, VB6/.NET, IIS, MSRSS (with HTML5, MS-SQL preferred)
* Experience successfully managing and mentoring small project teams (2-5 engineers)
* Proficient with AutoCAD and experience working with electrical drawings
How to Apply
Our online application gives you the chance to apply as more than just a resume. We’ll assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, which should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll be able to view your results.
We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.