• Company:
    Interior Health Authority
  • Location:
  • Salary:
    negotiable / month
  • Job type:
  • Posted:
    16 hours ago
  • Category:

Job title :SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST | ADULT COMMUNICATIONS AND SWALLOWING SERVICES | CASUAL POOLCommunity :VERNONFacility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITALStatus :CASUALPosition SummaryA Speech-Language Pathologist opportunity available now at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital! As a Speech-Language Pathologist, you will work in a medical team based environment where service will focus primarily on adults with communication and /or swallowing disorders. Speech-Language Pathologists in the acute care setting provide evaluation and treatment of swallowing disorders and speech and language problems resulting from strokes, head injury, respiratory issues, and/or other medical complications. The Speech-Language Pathologist works directly with clients and their caregivers for the purpose of creating environments that promote optimal communication/swallowing. There is an expectation to be competent in dysphagia management, including conducting and interpreting videofluoroscopic examinations. Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. Shifts when available will fall within a Monday to Friday schedule. Interior Health is strongly committed to staff development and encouraging growth. We offer great benefits and fulfilling opportunities to support and enhance knowledge and skills and help you progress at every stage of your Speech-Language Pathologist career.Qualifications• Registration as a Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC.• One year’s clinical experience with adults in a hospital setting and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. • Experience with Dysphagia Management and communication disorders would be an asset. • Valid BC Driver’s license where required.Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal and would like assistance with tips on resume and cover letter writing, the Interior Health application process, or interview readiness, send us your query via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to reach an Employment Advisor.