Speech Language Pathologist 2
Children’s & Women’s Health Centre, $36.27 to $45.25 per hour
What you’ll do
- Provide assessment, diagnostic and intervention services to children using advanced level clinical skills and knowledge in the specified program area and within the full range of communication and swallowing disorders (as required). Utilize processes such as the administration and interpretation of standardized assessment tools, detailed history taking, informal observation/evaluation procedures and consultation with other professionals to ensure consideration of additional factors (e.g. cognitive factors, mental health, medical status, environmental influences) that may affect assessment, subsequent diagnosis and recommendations for treatment.
- Provide counselling and psycho-education to families and other relevant caregivers to understand the nature, treatment and prognosis of the specific speech and language diagnoses and the relationship of these diagnoses to the individual’s developmental, cognitive and/or mental health presentation/profile.
- Provide clinical leadership within the specified program/inter-professional team, speech and language pathology discipline, and in partnership with community services, demonstrated by initiating and participating in activities such as evaluating and developing clinical treatment practices, guidelines and protocols and promoting excellence in practice and treatment team in partnership with the Program Manager and/or Professional Practice Lead.
- Take leadership in program planning, identify, promote and lead program and discipline specific development and planning strategies in collaboration with the Program Leadership to enhance system processes and resources for patients. Attend and contribute to ongoing discipline/program and quality improvement, risk management activities as required.
- Develop orientation and mentorship structures for new and Grade 1 employees, provides clinical supervision and case discussion, initiates and supports the development and completion of learning plans for Grade 1 and new staff in collaboration with the Program Manager/Director and PPL. Identify and initiate learning opportunities, role development and support requirements in collaboration with other team members, Program Manager/Director and Professional Practice Leader.
What you bring
- Masters degree in speech-language pathology from an approved academic program by the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of British Columbia.
- Three (3) years of recent experience in areas related to child development and rehabilitation.
- Documented evidence of post graduate education in the specified program area/areas.
- Documented learning related to professional development and leadership/personal development.
- Evidence of current advanced competency in the specified program area as defined by the current competency requirements of the program client population and successful completion of advanced competency certificates if required as identified by the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of BC.
- Registrant of the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of British Columbia.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular, Part-Time (0.60 FTE)
Wage: $36.27 to $45.25 per hour)
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 08:00 to 16:00
Requisition Number: 102774
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) bcchildrens.ca provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children from across British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of January 21, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.