SSI Schaefer Systems, a global leader of automated material handling systems and solutions, is currently offering an opportunity for a Software Support Technician to be part of our Automated Systems Division.
The Software Support Technician design and implements software solutions for automated material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and distribution centers. This position requires knowledge about various programming languages, software development tools, software architecture, operating systems, hardware and network design and databases. The role also involves implementing developed software through onsite testing and commissioning.
· Designs and implements software solutions based on SSI Schaefer’s software platform and libraries for Warehouse Management Systems
· Commission software on-site. This includes but is not limited to:
o Tests software implementation against requirements
o Sets-up test scenarios for commissioning and executes those
· Tests own software implementation and that of others against design requirements
· Takes over responsibility for a specific area of software development within a project
· Creates software requirement analysis and specifications for area of responsibility
· Creates software documentation
· Actively communicates with team members, IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead about the work and project status
· Actively escalates issues to IT Project Manager and Software Developer Lead
· Participates in team meetings on an as needed basis
· Extensive travel required to commission software at customer’s site
· Sets-up test scenarios for commissioning and executes those.
· Troubleshoots system issues in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level depending on project requirements
· Supports customer service remotely and on-site if required
· Effectively communicates with internal and external customers
· Shift work on an as needed basis for system support and/or commissioning
· Occasionally performs installation of network or computer hardware if required by a project in the office or on-site
· Occasionally handles test product required for test scenarios on-site (Tubs, Totes, Cases etc.)
Qualification Requirements: (to be considered for the position)
· Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar work
· Minimum 2 year of experience with Java or other object-oriented programming languages
· Minimum 2 year of experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server).
· Minimum 2 year of experience with Linux/Unix CLI
· Open to travel extensively to support system ramp-up and go-live on-site
· Experience with WMS and ERP is a plus
· Experience in Industrial Automation
· Server/Network topology experience
Perks & Benefits:
· Ample room for growth and development
· RRSP matching up to 5%
· Full health & dental
· Education Assistance plans
· Employee Assistance Plans
· Great working environment and culture that encourages continuous learning, creativity and innovations
Our organization will, on request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our Recruitment Process.
40 hours per week