Do you remember your best Customer Service experience? Want to help create an even better experience for customers? Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. The Customer Engagement Technologies teams build systems to support front line associates to delight customers.
As a Software Development Manager you will lead the evolution of our Customer Relationship Management system to simplify the experience for Customer Service associates so they can better serve customers. You will be responsible for building a team of talented engineers obsessed about customer experience with a culture of high standards that delivers. You should have an established track record of launching customer-facing experiences, deep technical ability, and excellent project management skills. This role requires working closely with product management to define strategy and requirements, and leading development team from design through delivery and subsequent operation. This position will also require regular company wide communication with senior management on status, risks, and strategy.
We are seeking an innovative, intellectually curious, results-oriented technology leader who will be responsible for driving the vision, product roadmap and development of these systems. In this position, you will guide the efforts of your development team as we build the next generation of Customer Service.
• Manage multiple high performing Engineers and Sr. Engineers
• Manage overall software development life-cycle via your leaders
• Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Work closely with Sr. Engineers and Team Leaders to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
• Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience managing software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance
• Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• Agile software development methodologies
• Experience with large scale systems
• Excellentbusiness and technical vision
• Understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.