pavliks.com is a North American leader focused on Microsoft Dynamics CRM/365 and web portal development.
The Software Development Manager (SDM) “owns” the build and quality process for the development and extension of software products as sold and delivered by pavliks.com.
As the Manager and Technology Leader for the Development Team, you know and set standards for the development process. You will build and maintain a high-performing development team that is grounded on a culture of ownership, accountability, and innovation. You possess hands-on technical experience that will bring value to the teams' efforts in application development, quality assurance, and testing.
This role will be working closely with Project Managers who are responsible for the overall delivery of client projects, a Technical Consulting Manager responsible for the analysis, design, specification, and UAT, and a Support Manager who will be supporting and maintaining the solutions you build. You need to build right, build with quality, because clients and colleagues are counting on you to do so.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Build development excellence through coaching, directing, and providing actionable feedback to development team members.
- Seek quality and efficiency improvements in your department through automation and by building reusable assets, tools, and templates.
- Coordinate, organize and assign the work to your development team members.
- Hold developers accountable, measure productivity and motivate them to do great work. This means you are responsible to ensure efficient utilization of development resources, timely task completion, and individual performance is of a high standard.
- Collaborate with other managers and stakeholders in the D365 department to set priorities and improve operations.
- Develop the skills and technical capacity of the Developer Team.
- Communicate team status and details of the work being done to stakeholders both internal and external to the company.
- Collaborate on software designs and the architecture. Oversee and supervise code reviews and best practices and provide technical directions to the team at all stages of development.
- Support Sales/Pre-sales Initiatives as required (RFx, Estimation, Prototype development, etc.)
- Be a Technology Leader, consistently raising standards, insisting on better and continuous improvement.
- Manage your team's performance and career development, hiring, recognition, compensation, attendance management, coaching and orientation.
- Evaluate tools, new technologies, and methodologies for the general use within the developer team.
- Remain current on emerging software development methodologies and technologies related to C#, standard and emerging web technologies.
- Ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem.
- Sound working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and software development lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven track record of identifying and mitigating risks in the software development lifecycle.
- Previous experience with ASP.Net, MVC and API application development using C#
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Dynamics 365 / Power Platform (preferred)
- Experience with source control (TFS/VSTS or GitHub)
- Solid understanding of DevOps methodologies, including continuous integration and continuous delivery and deployment.
- Strong experience working with a variety of methodologies such as Agile development, SCRUM, waterfall methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience in a software development leadership position.
- 5+ years of experience building full development lifecycle Microsoft Dynamics D365 (CE/CRM) solutions and/or similar experience developing web applications and portals.
- Demonstrated ability to build, hire, and lead high performing development teams.
- Understanding and passion for mentorship, project management, and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
pavliks.com provides a health benefits program, generous vacation schedule, continuing education plans and performance incentives. We feel the happiness and success of our Team members is critical to the success of our Team.
We have a formal structured pay system allowing for performance based incentives above a base salary.
We schedule our workloads based on a 40 hour work week for employees.
A core value at pavliks.com is to provide a good work/life balance while maintaining an exciting environment where people can be a part of new technology solutions that affect positive change in the efficiency and prosperity of our clients.
pavliks.com/The Portal Connector is a North American leader focused on Managed IT Services, Office 365/Cloud solution, web portal development and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
We have the privilege of working with many awesome Customers across Canada and the USA. At pavliks.com you get to work on exciting challenging projects while enjoying an excellent work / life balance.