It’s easy enough to manage transportation assets. It’s equally easy to track your own fleet. But how about insuring hundreds of thousands of transportation assets of all kinds (trucks, trailers, box trucks, airplanes, etc.) from thousands of different carriers worldwide depart on time to deliver millions of unique items, and do so both safely and efficiently? Do you think that is an interesting scientific and engineering challenge?
If so, we want to hear from you!
The Yard Tech team tracks and manages transportation assets that ship goods to and from Amazon facilities. We leverages technologies ranging from physical sensors, through mobile and web stacks, to machine learning. We use them to manage assets in real time, to predict where and how to deploy our resources efficiently, and to manage safety. Our products bridge the gap between fulfillment and transportation systems within Amazon’s hugely complex logistics network. As an SDE, you will:
• Own products end to end: design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain mobile and web applications, and/or supporting core services.
• Collaborate with SDEs in other teams to integrate transportation systems.
• Collaborate with applied scientists and product managers to design and implement yard software products.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience with deployment management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
• Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Understanding and experience building automated and self healing distributed systems in commercial scale
• Experience working with Computer Vision
• Experience working with GPS, RFID or LIDAR
• Experience with Android and iOS development
• Knowledge of databases, SQL and No-SQL desired
• Experience working as a full-stack software engineer on highly-distributed systems
• Experience with deployment management systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us