The AWS Application Integration team provides AWS customers with the infrastructure to build highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault tolerant distributed cloud applications. Our services are critical components for Amazon, as well as many leading global enterprises running on AWS.
If you are passionate about solving customer needs, the challenges of big scale, developing distributed applications that are easy to use and reliable, and forging the road on how development is done, then our team has a place for you.
Why should you join?
We have a customer-first mindset. Our solutions are highly valued by our customers, from small start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, and we invest continually to innovate for them.
• We offer a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We are a fast-growing, agile and collaborative group of engineers from diverse backgrounds.
• We invest in our engineers, and expect a lot from them. Both engineers and managers are not just permitted, but expected to challenge the accepted vision, and help shape it.
• As part of the growing AWS organization located in Vancouver there are many great opportunities to learn new skills and develop your career.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Java or other OOP languages such as C#, Python, Ruby or C++
• Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drive
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS• MS or PhD in Computer Science.
• 1+ years of experience developing for a Linux or UNIX environment.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with data mining software and techniques
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software development practices and design reviews.
• Excellent communication skills.